Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 97 (12/7)
We have officially been here for 3 months. And we are about to leave. :(


Today we had our community presentations and they went really really well. People started to arrive around 9am, and by 10:30 we started. Literally 80+ people came out from all over the Amboseli-Tsavo region to hear what we had to say which was really cool. The chumba was completely full and the cooks made an incredible amount of food

We gave our presentation, and everything went really smoothly, Daniel translated for us, I presented the recommendation section (which has the potential to seem rude because we have been here for only 3 months, while they live here but everyone was really receptive to us)

The presentations lasted for almost 5 hours, and around 3 we had lunch for around 120 people, and I helped Arthur with chapatti making for a little while before lunch. And then for a few hours after lunch a group of us were in the kitchen helping. I cooked chapattis, and had 4 pans going, which is always a good time. And I fried 120 chapattis for our dinner.

Tomorrow is going to be packing/cleaning/wrapping up the program
We head to our Nairobi site on Wednesday afternoon and then Thursday morning we are dropped off at the airport, and I start my 10 days of traveling (and tomorrow night will be the last time I will be online until I’m back in the states, and I will update it for the last time on my week of travels around the 22nd)

No comments:

Post a Comment